Hi can anyone tell me before i order online if my acer aspire laptop charger is faulty or if my acer aspire laptop itself is faulty, What happened is i went to turn my laptop on and it powered up then turned off, Then i tried again and it did the same, I tried it another time and this time lasted less just a few seconds, Then nothing, i left 1 day and it switched on for a few seconds once and now nothing. This charger has no light so i dont know if its working, can anyone help

Hello bobmarley1989,

My knowledge of laptops is very limited. To my knowledge a bad battery can prevent the charger, and a bad charger does not service the battery. If at all possible, pulling the battery and powering on with the adapter isolates the battery as the problem.

As well using your spare battery would isolate the charger, as if everyone has a charged spare battery. Again in my limited understanding, the laptop rarely is bad; the problem is in the charger &/or battery. Please accept it for what is is worth, as I have very limited experience in that type of PC.

I had the same problem with my acer aspire laptop , I found the acer aspire laptop charger online while at my friends house, which I ordered and it arrived the next day from http://www.coywood.co.uk/acer-pa-1600-02-laptop-charger-19v-342a-1696-p.asp , it fit my acer aspire 1640 pefectly. They also do many more acer aspire chargers and other makes such as dell chargers, asus chargers, in fact chargers and adapters to fit many laptop models. My point is if you need a charger I would give www.coywood.co.uk a try, My acer aspire got a good needed charge and is fully working again. This I hope will save you the time of searching for a laptop charger if your charger has failed, this company stocks laptop chargers and adapters for most of the models.

Thanks, I have had a look at there site and they have my model charger and for the price i might as well give it go its a damn sight cheaper than some of the other sites & I rang a computer shop and it quoted me more than that, just to check my laptop out. Once again thanks for your reply and i will let you know if its sorts it;)

Thanks, I ordered a acer charger from coywood online and will see how it goes, many thanks for your reply though

It could be you hard drive is the problem or over heating, my advent use to do the same intill i got a new hard drive then it was fine, This can also be that the charger socket is lose iv had that problem on my aspire 1640 cost me about 1.50 and took about 30 mins to fix

regards

Hi, my acer will only power up when i hold the charger near to the laptop but i am unable to tell if this is the charger tip or laptop pin is the problem. Have you any suggestions?

It could be you hard drive is the problem or over heating, my advent use to do the same intill i got a new hard drive then it was fine, This can also be that the charger socket is lose iv had that problem on my aspire 1640 cost me about 1.50 and took about 30 mins to fix

regards

I believe I have the same problem. Where can I get a socket charger, and how do I install one?

I think this forum post just shows that acer laptop chargers aren't what they used to be lol . Your better getting one with plenty warranty as they seem to blow quite often. I searched online the other day and saw MonkeyBits was the one offering the biggest warranty .. 3 years !! lol , they must be confident !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.