After putting my computer in a new case I found that it does not power on (No fans and no lights) I don't think my mobo has a LED on it to see if it is getting power and I have not jumped pins 14 and 15 yet to test the power supply. I checked all the connections about 10 times and nothing is connected other than the power switch and the mother board (no HDD or CD-ROM) but what I did find is that my computer's CMOS battery is dead and I have not went to get a replacement for it yet but was wondering id that could cause my computer not to power on.

my computer's CMOS battery is dead and I have not went to get a replacement for it yet but was wondering id that could cause my computer not to power on.

not likely ,it would boot and show the first screen ,i would say to make sure you have the front panel power button plugged in correctly ,also what is make and model # of the motherboard

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.