please please can someone help me...im not really good with laptops, my daughters laptop wont turn on..the batterylight blinks orange when held down,but its not powering up or charging. after reading some of the replies im still non the wiser as to weather it could be the power supply or the motherboard..how will i find out? thanks kindly

stephanie

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

.how will i find out? thanks kindly
stephanie

to find out for sure take it to a good computer repair shop,at best all we can do here is guess!

It sounds as though your machine is stuck in a low power state. If tapping the spacebar, or clicking the left mouse mutton does not recover it - press and hold your powerbutton down for approx 8 seconds and this will "crash" your machine, release and press the power button again in the normal way you would start the machine and all should be well, apart from a windows complaint, but your machine should satart!

Check the bios and the power setting in the os to make sure it is not going to sleep.Also check in the bios, how the on button stops it this could be set incorrectly.
Bruce

This sounds like your power supply unit or internal power management within the laptop has passed. You have two options, 1. Purchase a replacement power supply unit, some of the generic ones can be as cheap as £20 - however if this is not the case then you are stuck with a spare which may not work in a replacement laptop you may purchase in the future. 2. Take the laptop to a reputable local IT company (NOT A BIG ONE THEY WILL WRITE IT OFF as they are generally sales driven!) and ask them to test it for you as they should have access to an alternative power supply unit, have access to suppliers who can get you replacement components for the laptop and in the worse case scenario recover your data.

Where are you in the country? As this is just part of what we do?

This sounds like your power supply unit or internal power management within the laptop has passed. You have two options, 1. Purchase a replacement power supply unit, some of the generic ones can be as cheap as £20 - however if this is not the case then you are stuck with a spare which may not work in a replacement laptop you may purchase in the future. 2. Take the laptop to a reputable local IT company (NOT A BIG ONE THEY WILL WRITE IT OFF as they are generally sales driven!) and ask them to test it for you as they should have access to an alternative power supply unit, have access to suppliers who can get you replacement components for the laptop and in the worse case scenario recover your data.

Where are you in the country? As this is just part of what we do?

good suggestions ,but after 21 days I doubt anyone is listening !lol

Well i dont know if u problem has been fix,but if is not then let me see how i can help.
What u will is (Remove the laptop Battery,plug in the power and power on the system,if is on then ur Battery is faulty and need to be replace.If that doesn't work,try cheecking the addaptor INPUT & OUT Voltage.Any question,e-mail me at (auwalu@gmail.com).

please please can someone help me...im not really good with laptops, my daughters laptop wont turn on..the batterylight blinks orange when held down,but its not powering up or charging. after reading some of the replies im still non the wiser as to weather it could be the power supply or the motherboard..how will i find out? thanks kindly

stephanie

Well i dont know if u problem has been fix,but if is not then let me see how i can help.
What u will is (Remove the laptop Battery,plug in the power and power on the system,if is on then ur Battery is faulty and need to be replace.If that doesn't work,try cheecking the addaptor INPUT & OUT Voltage.Any question,e-mail me at (auwalu@gmail.com).[/B][/B]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.