Hi,
I have a problem - my dog ate the power cord to my new blue ray player. The cord is not detachable from the player and the plug can't be fixed with electrical tape. I talked to the manufacturer's support and they told me it would cost me $160 plus shipping the player both ways. It doesn't really worth the trouble in my opinion. I'm not much of a hardware person, so maybe somebody can give me an idea of how to get it fixed cheaper???
Thanks, buddyholly

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gaiou37

Describe whats wrong with it

Why not just cut it above the damage and wire a new plug on. Will mean the cord will be shorter though.

Thank you for your suggestions, but the plug itself is damaged. I did try using electrical tape and it didn't turn on.

just shortened the whole house, I think that thing is done :( Thanks though.

you don't just tape the wire ,you have to make sure the 2 wires inside don't touch each other and all you need to do is cut off plug ,go to hardware store and buy a universal plug and connect it to the ends ,and that it, very basic electrical repair

.....i want to laugh but i shouldn't and sorry i have have no experience with electrical repairs

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.