Hi...

I need HELP!

About a week ago after firing up my computer and trying to access my elements external drive it just wouldnt let me open it, just seemed like i wasn't plugging in anything at all?

I later realised that the little light that would usually be on on the power supply was off and no matter wat i tried it wouldnt work. So I got it replaced and looks fine, but now that i try to connect to it again it still wont let me access it!

Once plugged in the computer recognises it and tells me its found a new hardware, the Found New Hardrive wizard even prompts me to install the program (never uninstalled it, I dont think?). I tried to use the wizard and locate the program but I dont know and can't remember wat it was called? I am trying to find the installation CD/program but no luck .

When i hit cancel this message appears - "A problem occured during installation, your new hardware might not be working".

Is it a problem with the drive itself? Maybe corrupt?
Or is it that my comp cant find the program for it and I will need to install it again to work??

I save everything on the hardrive and would probably take myself to the back shed and shoot me if I lost it all!
It would be muchly appreciated if anyone could help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi, you shouldn't need any program or drivers to run it unless you are running windows 98 or ME. maybe something wrong with the elements device ,then drive inside maybe fine ,you would need to take it apart and install the harddrive in a computer as slave to see if you can excess the data

Hi...

I had a mate have a look and when i suggested taking it apart he said that it cant be done and i would loose everyting and wouldnt be able to use it again if i pulled it apart?

Is there any truth to this?

Hi...

I had a mate have a look and when i suggested taking it apart he said that it cant be done and i would loose everyting and wouldnt be able to use it again if i pulled it apart?

Is there any truth to this?

not sure ,it maybe different, the one i had was just a case with a regular harddrive inside and a few screws holding the case together

have you run chkdsk x: /f where x is the drive letter.
I assume you have but worth a try.
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.