Hi

I would be grateful for some advice.

I recently got a second hand Asus Higrade AS8400. It wont start up (fan starts and lights come on but nothing happens .It does start every now and then, but more often than not it just wont start up) Anyway somebody has already said they think its a problem with the Motherboard. So i have been looking for a replacement and have been told that ive got no chance of getting one for that model as its so old (4 1/2 yrs) Obviously im now gutted. :cry: :cry: :sad: :cry:

Has anyone got any ideas where i might be able to get one, or even better, if anyone can thinks there might be something wrong other than the motherboard i would be extreeeeeeeemly grateful. (i know im clutching at straws here)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

open it and reset bios thats the only way

open it and reset bios thats the only way

How do i do that, Will that make it work again?

well i have some experience with laptops, i do it on mine once or twice every two months so it should work quite fine yours. My laptop is an oem built and smugded, but it was screwed up by its former owner who upgraded its bios and an overpowered cpu with an inferior cpu fan so by all means if it works on mine it should work on yours. should it restart(hopefully it does) the next problem will be the bios configuration.Reset the bios and then well talk about the rest. well lets go to business you should unplug all external cables and remove laptop batteries. open the laptop by taking off the keyboard you should find how to on the user manual. then when you have opened it unplug the cmos battery it should look like a silver dime. then give it about 30 seconds or so and put everything back in its place and switch on. I will look forward for your answer

Hi

I would be grateful for some advice.

I recently got a second hand Asus Higrade AS8400. It wont start up (fan starts and lights come on but nothing happens .It does start every now and then, but more often than not it just wont start up) Anyway somebody has already said they think its a problem with the Motherboard. So i have been looking for a replacement and have been told that ive got no chance of getting one for that model as its so old (4 1/2 yrs) Obviously im now gutted. :cry: :cry: :sad: :cry:

Has anyone got any ideas where i might be able to get one, or even better, if anyone can thinks there might be something wrong other than the motherboard i would be extreeeeeeeemly grateful. (i know im clutching at straws here)

try takeing the bios battery out and see how it goes sometimes the bios battery is low and causes it not to load up propply.

try takeing the bios battery out and see how it goes sometimes the bios battery is low and causes it not to load up propply.

good advise ,and after 4 yrs ,the battery is likely dead by now

let me know if it solves the problem it has in the past when i have fixed the asus laptops

let me know if it solves the problem it has in the past when i have fixed the asus laptops

"Jan 26th, 2005"

I think he probably binned the laptop

Yes... maybe you just need modification about the bios setttings dude...

<snip fake sig>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.