I just purchased a new DVD burner with all the goodies. My problem is that I wanted to start making copies of my movies. I purchased a spindle of DVD+R Discs and when I try to burn it tells me that it does not have enough space to insert another one. I wanted to know if this was the Dual Layer Disc that I was supposed to buy or not. If it is that I must buy DL disc then how does bootleggers make money when those discs cost almost ten dollars a piece.

the Discs say DVD+R 120 Min then underneath it says extended play 240 min
Thanks for any help!

I just purchased a new DVD burner with all the goodies. My problem is that I wanted to start making copies of my movies. I purchased a spindle of DVD+R Discs and when I try to burn it tells me that it does not have enough space to insert another one. I wanted to know if this was the Dual Layer Disc that I was supposed to buy or not. If it is that I must buy DL disc then how does bootleggers make money when those discs cost almost ten dollars a piece.

the Discs say DVD+R 120 Min then underneath it says extended play 240 min
Thanks for any help!

IO have a single layer dvd burner ,and have to use a program called dvdshrink or a burning program that shrinks the orignal and copys it to my Hard drive first.then burns that copy ,i believe that a duel layer burner also burns on single layer disks ,The 10$ be disk was why i went with the silgle layer burner .
I use Clone DVD to burn and DVDxCopy .DVD SHrink is free ware the others i mention aren't

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.