Hi,
I bought a used CPU P4 3.4GHZ, I install it on my P5GD1 Asus Motherboard. It worked well but the temperature of the cpu was 80° Celsius, it’s been like this for 3-4 days, I put some thermal compound and even I add two extra fan. Now my computer won’t start, I can hear the fan and the power led is on. Is it my cpu?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

yes it most likely is your cpu that is fried nowtry taking it out again and reseting it with new compound(not to much) but if that does not work then i do not know!

I suspect that the PC was on its exit path before you bought it. A CPU can only reach 80C when not worked hard if it is not being cooled adequately (I hesitate to suggest an over-voltage but not impossible then it wouldn't have worked for a few days).

Yet you say you've acted to cool it but by then it might have been too late.

Hi,
The problem is my motherboard I guess, because if I turn on the pc, and it won’t start, I cannot turn it off again by the front switch. I have to go back to the rear switch of the power supply. After doing this procedure for 15 to 25 times, the pc will start. So what do you think guys?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi,
I bought a used CPU P4 3.4GHZ, I install it on my P5GD1 Asus Motherboard. It worked well but the temperature of the cpu was 80° Celsius, it’s been like this for 3-4 days, I put some thermal compound and even I add two extra fan. Now my computer won’t start, I can hear the fan and the power led is on. Is it my cpu?

XiiTec IT Solutions

reanbeg for your prob i think cpu does not match with motherboard that is why this prob accord.

Hi,
I solved the problem by reversing the rear fan on my pc. The fan was blowing the air to the cpu, now it’s sucking the air outside the box. The temperature of my cpu went from 90d.c. to 40 to 65 max.
Thank you guys.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.