Hi I Just Bought A Gateway Made 3/6/01 It Is A Small Desktop About 10 Pounds I Cannot Geta Screen It Was Working When Mailed Out Could Something Be Loose,it Has Xp And 18gb. I Tried To Open It Took The Screws Off But Cannot Open Case To See If Anything Is Loose Any Advice. Thanks Anita

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm not real sure what you mean... Are you saying there's no video on the monitor? If that's the case, check the connection on the back of the computer where the monitor cord connects; there should be screws on both sides of that connector -- make sure the connector is pushed all the way in and the screws snug (don't overtighten them).

If I misunderstood your question, could you please clarify?

gateways are gay like that.....which side of the case are you trying to open....your probably opening up the side with the motherboard on it...try the otherside.. it sounds like your not fluent with comps...just take it in

Hi I Just Bought A Gateway Made 3/6/01 It Is A Small Desktop About 10 Pounds Thanks Anita

a 10 ponder you need to but it on a diet first .its case is too tight !lol
just kidding ,couldn't resist .
.follow the advise in post above and also look for a release latch at the bottom of the front panel.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.