I have an Armada 7800 that just won't start up. When I connect it to the AC socket the battery starts charging and the fan starts to blow but when I try to power it up the green LED's light up but nothing happens. I have checked all the fuses but they are all ok.
Has somebody ever encountered this and found a sollution?

please help me.

I kinda am.

I bought an Armada 7710MT at a garage sale for $5 (it included a CD-ROM and floppy MultiBay components, but no HD or case to put it in).

Last week, I was troubleshooting a problem with the HD I just bought, a Seagate Marathon 1.6 Gb. At some point, when I would plug the power cord in, it would sit for 5 secs., flash its battery power light for a sec while two clicks came out fo the speakers, then all three lock lights came on, and that would be it. I took out the HD, battery pack, and switched and took out the MultiBay componenets in various combinations, and played with the power switch and suspend button, but I got the same results. Even the manual I downalded @ HP dosen't mention it. But I did read that laptops tend to overheat, so I put it away until today.

Now that I plugged it in, the battery light came on, whch would indicate that it was charging. When I hit the power switch or suspend button, the same three light would come back on. Right now, it's charging the battery (hopefully), which will take three hours, according to the manual.

I've concluded the battery is no good. I read that if you take the battery out, it may start up again witout the batery. That's my next trick.

Hello,

I have an Armada 7800 notebook, when I connected it to the AC outlet ,only the three lights will go on, it will not post and the screen will not go on.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.