hello
I am setting up a new comp with a SL-K8TPro-939. looking at the specs, I see that there is only one socket for the cd rom in. can anyone tell me where I could find an adapter to hook both drives up to the motherboard and what the thing is even called. I assume there must be some kind of a splitter.
thanks
dan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Not sure if I get your question.

I have had a look at the board, and it looks like there are 3 IDE ports giving you a maximum of 6 IDE devices.

If you want to use 2 IDE devices on one IDE connector, then you purchase an IDE cable with two connections.

look here for an example of a dual drive IDE ribbon cable, or here for an example round IDE cable.

If you meant something else, please clarify.

thanks

SE (dave)

a cd rom has another four pin connector to the motherboard(or a cound card).
in the case where you have two optical drives (a cd and a dvd burner) there has to be a way to run the sound to the mobo, probably some kind of a splitter. the ide cable is a seperate deal.

a cd rom has another four pin connector to the motherboard(or a cound card).
in the case where you have two optical drives (a cd and a dvd burner) there has to be a way to run the sound to the mobo, probably some kind of a splitter. the ide cable is a seperate deal.

I may have rresolved the issue. apparently xp uses dae which makes tehe four pin connector superflous. problemm solved

Hi,

I see what you mean now, and as I see from your post, you are aware that the audio cable is no longer needed.

sorry for the delay. glad you got an answer.

SE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.