hello
I am setting up a new comp with a SL-K8TPro-939. looking at the specs, I see that there is only one socket for the cd rom in. can anyone tell me where I could find an adapter to hook both drives up to the motherboard and what the thing is even called. I assume there must be some kind of a splitter.
thanks
dan

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by steveneven

Not sure if I get your question.

I have had a look at the board, and it looks like there are 3 IDE ports giving you a maximum of 6 IDE devices.

If you want to use 2 IDE devices on one IDE connector, then you purchase an IDE cable with two connections.

look here for an example of a dual drive IDE ribbon cable, or here for an example round IDE cable.

If you meant something else, please clarify.

thanks

SE (dave)

a cd rom has another four pin connector to the motherboard(or a cound card).
in the case where you have two optical drives (a cd and a dvd burner) there has to be a way to run the sound to the mobo, probably some kind of a splitter. the ide cable is a seperate deal.

a cd rom has another four pin connector to the motherboard(or a cound card).
in the case where you have two optical drives (a cd and a dvd burner) there has to be a way to run the sound to the mobo, probably some kind of a splitter. the ide cable is a seperate deal.

I may have rresolved the issue. apparently xp uses dae which makes tehe four pin connector superflous. problemm solved

Hi,

I see what you mean now, and as I see from your post, you are aware that the audio cable is no longer needed.

sorry for the delay. glad you got an answer.

SE

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.