Hey, today I ordered
Case - Aspire X-Navigator w/t 500W LED Aspire PSU
Processor - AMD 3500+
Motherboard - MSI Neo2 Platinum
RAM - 1GB Corsair XMS TWINX1024-3200C2PT
Graphics - EVGA 6800GT
HDD - Seagate 200GB 7200rpm SATA
CD/DVD - Rosewill Dual layer dvd burner/reader/cd burner/reader

I had a question about how I insert the ram. http://msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo2_Platinum&class=mb
Thats the link to the motherboard for reference, but i'm confused does it insert as 1-3 and 2-4 or 1-2 and 3-4 because it talks about how you shouldn't insert it into the purple slots while the green are empty, but then I thought it went 1-3 2-4 so you wouldnt have that problem except if you were inserting 4 cards. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey, today I ordered
Case - Aspire X-Navigator w/t 500W LED Aspire PSU
Processor - AMD 3500+
Motherboard - MSI Neo2 Platinum
RAM - 1GB Corsair XMS TWINX1024-3200C2PT
Graphics - EVGA 6800GT
HDD - Seagate 200GB 7200rpm SATA
CD/DVD - Rosewill Dual layer dvd burner/reader/cd burner/reader

I had a question about how I insert the ram. http://msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo2_Platinum&class=mb
Thats the link to the motherboard for reference, but i'm confused does it insert as 1-3 and 2-4 or 1-2 and 3-4 because it talks about how you shouldn't insert it into the purple slots while the green are empty, but then I thought it went 1-3 2-4 so you wouldnt have that problem except if you were inserting 4 cards. Thanks.

Go 1-3 ... u can go 2-4 also and itll work, but the colors have to match up basically so one stick in 1 and the other in 3 and your set :) .....nice system btw :lol:

Yea I thought that was right it was worded kind of confusing though. Thanks though I know i'm going to have tons of fun with it =D I'll take pics as soon as it arrives.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.