I have a Gateway 3018 and the other day the screen went off. Now it will not come back on. When I press the power button the power light comes on and the busy icon will flash once. The fan will come on after a few minutes. I can also open the cd-rom tray. I am not sure if is a booting issue or what. Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I would try a different display to see if it is a display problem.

Try taking out he HDD and making sure the adapter is really well connected to both mobo and HDD. I'm starting to wonder if this is a flaw in gateway architecture.

You could do with seeing what the problem is, I would connect an external monitor and see if there is any error messages.

Have I misunderstood? Does the machine sound as if it is booting up without displaying anything or is the machine not turning on at all?

Xlphos: An odd thing with gateways laptops, they will not boot the bios without the hard drive or internal monitor in place.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.