(Sorry for bad spelling typing fast before next BSOD)
Well heres my story, my computer was running great, then over night after not changing a thing or installing anything, it just got extremely slow half hour to start and 45 minutes to come back from stand by. It was ridiculous and evetuly kept getting BSOD until I couldn't start it without it failing. It puzzled me why it did this when i didn't change anything. Then I reformatted it and after the reformat it was working superb. It worked good for a day, then it started getting random BSOD, I tend to get them when on FF and if not it will just be random when I'm not even on the computer but sitting next to it watching TV and its just on the desktop.

Computer info.

Dell Dimension 8300, 512 mb ram 100 mb HD and its about 3-4 years old.

Heres are the errors I get.

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error - Win32k.sys

and sometimes I get

Stop oxoooooooF4

I feel bad coming here, I tried to be self sufficient and solve it on my own, I tried a lot of stuff and I googled alot... A lot. So I come to you on my knees begging for some help, I don't have any money and this computer is the only tool I have for my school work.

Thanks very much to whoever can help me, I really do appreciate it.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

when you format make sure you delete all the partition and not just overwrite the old system files.. to wipe out entirely your hdd..so any viruses on it can be remove..except if the virus is written on your Master Boot Record...

I've had viruses stay on my MBR even after a fresh format. Try to perform whats called a "Low Level Format" which is also called "zero fill" on the hard drive. This is what solved my issue. Go to your Hard Drives manufacturer web site and normally in the "download" section, you can find the software needed to make a bootable cd to boot to. Once booted into the software, there should be something like a zero-fill format option. Each Hard Drive Brand has different software to use and each one takes a little time to research. For example, I know that Western Digital uses a program called "Data Lifeguard" and that is where I was able to make the boot disk and use the zero-fill option to format and wipe the drive completely clean. With a little research on how to write zeros to your specific hard drive, you should be good to go. I hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.