I have a problem with my printer, I have a deskjet hp printer which is attached to my computer . Just yesterday I started to have problem with it, when I tried to print any msword document,it wasn't printing and the print job was not appearing in the print
window at the right bottom side of the screen. I checked the drivers
and they were installed without any problem. I re-installed the drivers and tried printing again but it didnot work. I checked the printer icon in the Printers and Faxes and it said something like this "Operation couldnot continue, because the printer spooler is not running"

I checked the services and started the printer spooler but it also didnot solve the problem and when I checked the printer spooler again in the services, it was stopped.

I wanted to know what exactly could be the problem with the printer?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gurukid22

It is not a problem that the print server is stopped just make sure it is set to automatic not disabled in services.

Then try this: Start > Run > and type in sfc /scannow

I already did that? I set it to automatic and started the spooler service in services but still it was turning back to stop.

I donot understand what is the major problem?

Does SFC means surface scan?

Close but no it means "system file checker", i dont know how to reinstall the spooler service or if it is possible but this way you can try repair the associated files.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.