:D ;D :) ;D

SDRAM baby, oh yeah!
Best random access memory in the world!

For xp a good 768mb works.

- John Jacob Jinglerhimershmitz

P.S. his name is my name too.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

The most you want to have in XP is 1GB really 768MB is an uneven amount of RAM. Also SDRAM is dieing slowly lol still good gets the job done.

They did tests and having 512MB seems to best for XP.

Like Windows98 after 512MB of ram made the system unsable.

I have 512MB of DDR ram in my XP box. I happen to have some extra laying around. Would it be a bad idea to just stick it in there? ;) *L*

anywayz .................
I probably only have an extra stick of ram or so. Does ddr ram on an AMD Athlon XP mobo need to be installed in pairs?

what pisses me off is with the new ddr ram, sdram is almost just as expensive still!!! :o

i remember when sdram at crucial was 50$, then all of a sudden it kept rising and rising eventually hitting the near 200 dollar mark...

i regret not buying sdram when it was 50 $ at crucial ???

first of all DRAM isnt the best but it is cheap it constantly needs to be refreshed so it slows it down sram which is used for CACHE on the cpu and off-die COAST is much fast and does not need to be refreshed

I dont follow this thread at all...everyone is talking about ram, but it has nothing to do with each other.

first of all DRAM isnt the best but it is cheap it constantly needs to be refreshed so it slows it down sram which is used for CACHE on the cpu and off-die COAST is much fast and does not need to be refreshed

ShawnCplus, please don't resurrect old topics, especially those from 3 years ago!

By the way, welcome to the forums.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.