I have an HP Pavillion XL753 that the motherboard went out on, and I'd like to get a new one. All I know about the original is that it's and Intel Celeron, socket 370, chipset 810. What will work with it? Thanks for the help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I have an HP Pavillion XL753 that the motherboard went out on, and I'd like to get a new one. All I know about the original is that it's and Intel Celeron, socket 370, chipset 810. What will work with it? Thanks for the help.

If you want a direct replacement you can contact hp about it and you can buy a new one, im not sure of the exact model, but this is important to get the exact one becuase im pretty sure with the older hp's that you will not beable to stick a different motherboard in there because they will not fit in the case.

However are you sure that your motherboard went out? and its not your powersupply that went out? if you give some feedback maybe we could help you out :lol:

Yeh, it's the board. The computer sat on the floor against the wall and the monitor cable got shoved into the computer, so basically the monitor connection broke off. How would I go about finding the model number? I've scoured that thing for anything I though that might have been one and got nothing.

Yeh, it's the board. The computer sat on the floor against the wall and the monitor cable got shoved into the computer, so basically the monitor connection broke off. How would I go about finding the model number? I've scoured that thing for anything I though that might have been one and got nothing.

personally i wouldnt try and find something from newegg or tigerdirect that would work because it most likely not work on your hp. In that regards, send an email to hp's support and explain your problem to them being sure to specify the model number of your computer and they should give you a price quote on a new motherboard. My guess is it will not be that expensive becuase it is of age...maybe $50. If you really want the model number, it could be printed somewhere on the motherboard itself where you can see it with plain eyes...but i would contact hp and they will keep you straight.

Member Avatar for szukalski

Don't get a motherboard from HP, the mark up is ridiculous, considering that they purchase the same component from a 3rd party vendor that you can buy from.
(At least thats the case here in NZ).

i have one, if you are still interested, but i realize it has been over 4 years .. i want to upgrade .. am still using this xl753 with a celeron

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.