I need to build an application/database server that will cater for about 250 members of staff.This server will have HumanManager(HumanManager is a full web based solution) running on it.I would love to know the hardware/ software specification for this server:
Server Specification:
Processor
Memory(RAM)
Disk Space

Software Specifications:
Server OS
Client
DBMS

Well, if you will ask me...you have only few things to consider for the success of your plan.

First, if your development team uses Microsoft platform then go for Visual Studio for your Web Development and MS SQL Server Enterprise for your Database.

For hardware consideration, Core 2 Duo processor with enough memory of 2Gig is sufficient. A sata or scsi hardisk of 200g is quite big to handle your data.

Lastly, the most important thing in your project of course is the disaster plan, because we really don't want to loose the data in case of power failure or system crashes.

Goodluck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.