I have encounter the same problem lately. I have put a RAM w/o turning off the Unit. then the Unit get Hanged up. and when i turn on the processors fan turn on then turns off and on again... but theres no display. Help Pls.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Turn the power off at the wall, then remove the battery from the motherboard. Go and have a cup of tea and a biscuit.
When you have finished, put the battery back in and turn the power back on.
Attempt to start the computer.
Post back the results.

Fitting ram into a powered on system is an extremely bad thing to do. It's quite possible that you have damaged the ran and / or the mobo.

thx by the way i will try it.. thanks guys! Bad mood Damages everything... ahahahahha

what do you mean by turn off by the wall? ^^

Turning the power off at the wall means what it says. It means to cut all mains power.

im done doing it already. unplug all and get the battery. but still no progress. the fan turns on for a while and off then turns on continuously... still no display...

Fitting ram into a powered on system is an extremely bad thing to do. It's quite possible that you have damaged the ran and / or the mobo.

As I have said before. I believe you may well have done serious damage to it.

I have encounter the same problem lately. I have put a RAM w/o turning off the Unit. then the Unit get Hanged up. and when i turn on the processors fan turn on then turns off and on again... but theres no display. Help Pls.

Well in this case update the bios of the computer.. That will certanly resolve the issue u r facing if there's no hardware issue.... :cool:

ok thx by the way... is it ok when im trying to unplug all the thins inside the front panel restart is dettached... ahehehhe will the unit works w/o it?

ahmm.. how to update it? i cant even turn it on? ^^

If you mean the Power Button, no. If you mean the Reset Button, yes.

me I have a similar problem... when I unplug the quadrant pinned cable from the mother board, the fans are powered but there is no display (the monitor does not pick) but when intact the fans are not powered. I have changed the ram in the different slots in vain. (I also replaced the power supply) pliz heeeelp, I dearly miss my pc.

monjes, you really need to start a thread of your own.

Try resetting your cmos. Your motherboard manual will tell you how to do it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.