Need help, power was turned off while computer was in use. will not restart. Says keyboard failure / invalid config./run set up.. computer only has usb plugs (no ps2), cannot enterset up/bios/or anything. Replaced mohterboard 2x with dell refurbished ones. changed power supplys 2x..Tried to reset to factory defaults /no luck. Machine has no add on cards installed . Spent 2 /4hr phone calls with "Dell". machine is out of warranty . no help..........read lots of forums and seems like this is a big problem? I did not change hard drives . they sell ps2/pic cards but have to be installed after boot , which i can not get to.. any help thanks or i have more dell parts..............LOST :confused:

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Rik_

Dell/Dimension/E521 ,sorry i didn't mention that . i get same front panel lights (1,2,3 ) no beeps . thanks RiK.

Remove your ram and make sure the edge connectors are clean then remove the CPU and check for bent pins.

did that tried putting ram in 1,3 slots also. no bent pins.thanks.

no change can do nothing to get in system, tried system dick in drive when switching on , also xp dick no responce at all .green ligths 1,2,3..........then keyboard error.

If you changed motherboards but used the same CPU & RAM as before, isn't it likely that there's a problem here? Most likely the CPU which glitched when you powered off ungracefully.

Or have I read you wrong? New components throughout should have worked.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.