Guys we have a great deal of problem here in the philippines specially here in Metro, Manila, Philippines. Can you please help me, coz. I dont have any ideas how to clean a computer unit submerged in floody/muddy water.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Well fitstly let it dry (for at least a week in a warm place) then assess the damage. Its likely to be a total loss due to water damage (if it gets into the caps on the motherboard it swells them), but the HDD is probably salvagable.

the bigger problem is that the computer is covered with mud. and, when I opened it it has mud all over the inside part. Please tell me where to start. I mean, what parts could've probably been damaged or what parts can be used. We just cleaned it, after we've pulled every parts out. We rinsed it with water and try to wipe every mud as much as possible

Use of a hair dryer has been known to help, but I do not fancy your chances of salvaging much.
Mabuting kapalaran sa iyo (Good luck to you)

Thanks for the info. I'll be needing much luck for it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.