hi guys
mine computer running ok but while i try to work on multiple appilcations like adobe PS & winamp 0r corel draw it perfoms very slow . In task manager cpu graph increases very high
if iam playing song while working on other software ,song plays like driggled effect
what can be problem is it with processor , ram , power supply unit or motherboard
pls help me to solve this

mine computer configuration is
Intel 945 mother board
Intel Dual core Processor
2 gb ram 533 speed
430w psu
8400 n vedia graphic card -512 mb
160gb hdd

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

are you using winxp or win vista , if vista ,more ram would be a help .

You need more ram and cpu power if you want to run multiple applications at once.

Which dual core processor is it exactly? If it is high specced, the problem is probably with insufficient RAM.

are you using winxp or win vista , if vista ,more ram would be a help .

Hi ,
thanks guys you are so helpful i ll surely chceck mine ram.
my processor is intel dual core 3.00 ghz pentium-D
as per your solution mine mother board wont support more than 2 gb ram,
Mine MB is intel 945
What else can be
Pls suggest me
Thank you very much

What brand and model motherboard do you have? 945 is the chipset on the board.

What brand and model motherboard do you have? 945 is the chipset on the board.

HI, thanks for replying ,mine MB- Model is Intel D945GCCR Essential Series
thanks

Your board is limited to 2Gb which is what you currently have installed, meaning you are at your maximum. Your system however is capable of running 800MHz RAM and you are running 533MHz RAM.
Whilst you may notice a little difference with the extra speed RAM, I don't think that that is your problem.
When was the last time you defragmented your hard drive? Has this problem always existed, or has it just started to happen?

Your board is limited to 2Gb which is what you currently have installed, meaning you are at your maximum. Your system however is capable of running 800MHz RAM and you are running 533MHz RAM.
Whilst you may notice a little difference with the extra speed RAM, I don't think that that is your problem.
When was the last time you defragmented your hard drive? Has this problem always existed, or has it just started to happen?

hi thanks
for feed back yes this problem always existed or you can say it arise frequently i defragmented HDD one month before
if i install os on secondary HDD will it solve the problem ?(means two operating system) because some time it do not boot & gives long beep, so removes RAM reseated same ram again so it works
I am too confuse , I strongly feel that Mine mother board is not working properly but not sure
Pls suggest me where is wrong
is the problem with OS, Ram , MB or insufficient power supply
thanks again

A fresh installation of the OS might help, but as you said this has been happening since you got the pc, I doubt it.
I think that if you want better performance, you will need to upgrade your hardware.

you can set photo shop to use less ram when in use , open ps ,go to edit/preferences /memory and image cache,in the amount of ram ps uses [default 50%],click and drag it to about 25%, might help a bit when multi tasking

A fresh installation of the OS might help, but as you said this has been happening since you got the pc, I doubt it.
I think that if you want better performance, you will need to upgrade your hardware.

Hi thank you very much for your valuable help .Yes I do agree with you but every time installs OS newly my PC works good but after some time lets say after two weeks it starts giving problem it means either it is getting affected by the virus or the Current OS which i am installing is not good .For the virus i got Escan Antivirus software i am confident that it is good enough. So now come to the conclusion that either OS is not good or mine motherboard or Processor has some problem .
Thanks guys I am marking this thread as Solved but pls do reply me if you think any else
thanks again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.