OK People

I have read the read this post first thing but my pc still wont post.

I have a epox EP-P4MKI MB
with Centrino 2.4Ghz 128/400
2 x 256 PC2100 DDR
Various drives and PCI cards.

Now I figured it must be the mainboard so ordered a new one from ebay. It arrived this morning so installed tonight. But still getting the same problems.

I have tried a differnt PSU removing all devices so just mainboard and processor but still i go nothing except power to the cpu fan, not even a beep.

Please help. I hope it's not the cpu but i think that this is where its going.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

sounds like all the dead cpu's ive delt with. I always think they are the mobo too but it ends up that its not the mobo but it is the cpu. I have reason to belive it is this in your case as well. Best of luck...

OK
First of thanks Nizzy you confirmed what i was thinking.
Secondly. I went and bought a new Celeron D 2.8Ghz tonight. Also a new piece of PC3200 1Gb.
So I got home installed them and guess what. Still nothing.
I put the motherboard in a nother case I have and exactly the same. So now I have a new mainboard, processor, memory and it still wont post.
Really starting to frustrate me now.
I may have to take it in to work with me tomorrow and give it to the IT guys to have a look at, it's my last hope as this is getting an expensive paperweight..

wow thats really interesting. could it be a powercable or any other cables in the case? let me know what you end up discovering!

What did it turn out to be in the end, or did you just get another system?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.