Mel_F 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone can give me a few ideas on how to solve a problem regarding my USB modem.

(Not sure what happened, but basically it just stopped working!)

I have a ZTE MF626 PP Wireless Modem. When I plug it into the USB port on my laptop, it isn't recognised. The safety removal icon appears in the task bar, but when I try to open the USB drive (and even explore), it isn't recognised (my laptop asks me to insert a CDROM).

I had some software (which installs from the USB modem device), which I uninstalled (in a hope of reinstalling it to see if that fixed the problem)... But now, since the USB modem device isn't being recognized, I can't reinstall the software.

I tried the USB modem device on another laptop, and it worked. I also put the USB modem "sim" card into my mobile phone, and it worked as well.

(The USB port still works, as I have plugged in a mouse to it, and it works fine)

Basically what I am after is maybe an idea of what happened, and how I can fix it... or what things I can do to try and find out what the problem is. I checked the Device Manager, and there are no problems there... everything is installed and working properly.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Mel