Hello guys

i have a problem
well i was having some weird artifacts on the screen (red dots all over)
and my gpu temp was like 95c(Idle), well the thing is i opened the video card trying to clean it remove some dust.

After i did that i reasembled the video card 8800gts and when i conected it to my Mobo , every time i started the pc the Mobo starts to make some beeps (1 long and 3short ) and have no display. I cant try anithing cause i dont have any Hardware that lets me connect my monitor on my mobo, i think the video card is dead, but do you guys think it could be something else?

tnx for your time
sry for my bad english

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hello,

Have you tried booting the machine without the graphics card? you won't get a picture but if the beeps are the same then it may not be the graphics card but if there are no beeps then it could well be the graphics card.

Have you ever overclocked the card? How long have you had it?

tnx 4 the reply
well i took out the video card and the beeps are the same, i was searching about the beeps and people say its cause my Mobo dosnt detect any Display or something like that, yeah i oced the card a long time ago, and i have like 1 year whit the card .
tnx

lets try 2 things
take out the card and make sure its fam n is giving proper cooling...
( before you delete write them down fromn device manager)
second if that fails ..delete the video drivers
and re-install new drivers in the system..let me know if any of these help

lets try 2 things
take out the card and make sure its fam n is giving proper cooling...
( before you delete write them down fromn device manager)
second if that fails ..delete the video drivers
and re-install new drivers in the system..let me know if any of these help

well the thing is i cant pas POST i dont have any display , so i cant acces the bios or do anithing the only thing that it gives are some beeps (1long beep and 3short beeps)

i was searching the web and i found out it was some RAM problems, but i took out all my RAMs and it gives me different beeps (1 long beep 2 short ones) so i think it isnt the RAM
:(

1 long beep 3 short beeps usually indicates an video card error-
but on an older Phoenix BIOS it indicates a fault with the CMOS battery.

hey i lmost forgot the video card also has a connecter built into the card
to connect a power supply rail to it..
if you lose power it will boot to reminfd you of the power connector isnt connected ....check that also ..on the card

hey i lmost forgot the video card also has a connecter built into the card
to connect a power supply rail to it..
if you lose power it will boot to reminfd you of the power connector isnt connected ....check that also ..on the card

tnx 4 your replies guys

yeah i know when i dont connect the 6pin power connector, the computer just dosnt start and it makes a loud noice, so the power conector is ok, i think my Asus M2n-e Mobo has an AWARD BIos, i was searching the web and i fount out it is a video problem , the thing is i cant test anithing out cause i dont have a video card :(

tnx 4 your help guys

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT (two-year old card) with XP SP2 has suddenly started to have display issues. Appears to be like high resolution doesn't work. When Windoze is started in Safe mode, and devices are checked, the VGA Display device is shown as working properly. If the driver is uninstalled or device is disabled, Windows starts normally using the Default Display. Re-installing a new driver causes the same issue. Is there now some other software loading into the same memory area or is there a virus causing such issues or is it Harware malfunction of the VGA display?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.