Forgive me if any of my lingo is incorrect as i dont know a whole lot about computers. So here is the deal, i could turn on my computer and all the fans would turn on and i would get everything of a new start up except anything to the monitor so i got a new cable and that wasnt the problem. then i got a dif monitor and that wasnt the problem so i got a new video card and yet again no change. the last thing i thought it could be was the motherboard so i went to frys and got a new one. And here is where is gets strange. I hooked everything up and pluged it in and the lights on the power supply and motherboard came on but i would not turn on and no fans wouldnt come on. I thought it could be that i got a dud so i brought it back and got a new replacement but still same reaction. When i hook up the old MB all the fans come on and everything but not the new one. Im at a loss of what it would be. Any ideas?

Edited by ujarak: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by durrenmatt

Could be the processor. Was the replacement motherboard identical to the old? If not exactly the same, you will have to do a system repair using the operating system disc.
Might also be the psu that is not working correctly.

are you sure you correctly installed all the hardware? I did the same (resulted in my motherboard to fry)

i've had a similar problem, and after replacing a few parts it has occured to me that it may be the power supply...and it was! so you may check if everything is ok with it...

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.