I'm having some trouble trying to burn dvd I'm using nero reloaded with a ricoh dvd+rw/+r I think it has something to do with the drive as when there is no disc in it shows it as a dvdrw but when I insert a disc it reverts to a cdr I have updated the driver but to no avail can anybody help maybe with a possible idiot guide.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like everyone is trying to post in the forum that is least topical to their question.

Okay I'm new at this

All the more reason to read the forum titles carefully. For example, a good first stop for your question would be under the Hardware forum. There you might see a Peripherals forum which further specializes the category that you should post under to get a quick and knowledgeable answer to your question. I don't imagine that the DVD-R experts will be looking under Daniweb News and Feedback for DVD-R questions, just like I don't go to the Community Introductions forum looking for C++ questions.

ok know it all not everybodys perfect your probably one of the reasons people don't use forums we don't use them for sarcastic comments we use them for advice

Look slick, I was very politely helping you out. If you want to get all insulted over nothing and turn it into a flame war then I'll be happy to rip you a new one. Despite how lamers like you think, not everyone is out to get you. And WTF is this about sarcastic comments? If I'm being sarcastic, you'll know it, because it will be obvious, scathing, and meant to make you feel like the ignorant noob that you are. I'm not subtle when I get mean, so go crawl back into your hole and don't return until you can take polite, helpful advice in the spirit that it was given. You think I take time out of my busy day to listen to people like you bitch about imagined insults? No, I'm here to help, and if you can't understand that, or if you're looking for a fight, go somewhere else. I don't have time to listen to your ignorant and unsophisticated flames of a post that wasn't provocative in the slightest.

If you think I was being insulting in my last post then your frail constitution won't be able to handle most of the posters out there, so you might as well just turn around and go away until you can handle it.

Okay Dogtree if your comments cannot get out of the gutter when your posting your assistance I'll hang around and read helpful tips from people willing to help and I'll thankyou for your advice on where to find helpful people but if you want to get into a word war I suggest you get back to your very busy day trying to find other ways to try and advance your vocabulary as there are too many kids out there who need help and could do without your gutteral input as I'm a very busy person don't be too surprised if I don't jump to your bait with word wars as I do have better things to do with my time.

If you want to get all insulted over nothing and turn it into a flame war then I'll be happy to rip you a new one.

And I'll be happy to lock your account if you even consider doing so. There will be no flame wars here.

A better way to have handled this would have been, in your first post, to politely advise GerryD that his question was miscategorized. Had you done so, this wouldn't have escalated to the point of needing moderation.

I'm moving this thread to an appropriate forum now, but I will lock it if there's any further squabbling. Play nice...

i don't know if u get ur answer yet but i will give some idea
to burn dvd to ur dvd+RW first u have to format ur dvd + or -RW by using the same program that u want to record .. forexample if u use nero first format the disk or click the option at the bottom of nero record windo and then click erase button then the nero program itself erase the existing file and forrmat the dice . now u can record ur dvd '
note ... record ur divd to ur harddrive then to ur disc

And I'll be happy to lock your account if you even consider doing so. There will be no flame wars here.

A better way to have handled this would have been, in your first post, to politely advise GerryD that his question was miscategorized. Had you done so, this wouldn't have escalated to the point of needing moderation.

I'm moving this thread to an appropriate forum now, but I will lock it if there's any further squabbling. Play nice...

Sorry I havn't replied Ive been a bit busy thanyou for your response I don't like gettin into word wars as I don't stop my kids watchin what I'm doing on the PC so they have some idea how to use it when they get older so being abusive is a bad idea and will stop people from helping when your stuck again thankyou for your assistance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.