I was just wondering about ddr2 memory, is all the hype about this item true and correct that it improves speed of ur PC and processing is faster and so on?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

DDR2 is not currently really any faster than DDR. DDR2 requires a special motherboard and cannot be used in a motherboard designed for use with DDR.

Unless you purchase a system which needs it, there's not really any point to purchasing it.

When DDR2 was designed, it was not envisaged that DDR modules would get as fast as they have. The DDR2 modules only go a little bit higher in clockspeed, but have much higher latency than fast DDR modules. Balances out a bit.

that is exactly what i thought, bcoz i work with these products every day i dnt dnt c much difference,

So ur final comment is stick to DDR or can people upgrade..........?

DDR2 requires a special motherboard and cannot be used in a motherboard designed for use with DDR.

Unless you purchase a system which needs it, there's not really any point to purchasing it.

Kinda makes 'upgrade' a bit redundant doesn't it? I thought I made that clear. Here it is again:

You cannot 'upgrade' to DDR2 without also purchasing a motherboard or motherboard/processor bundle which uses DDR2. DDR motherboards do not!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.