Can I upgrade my RAM? Or I need to install a NEW one?

And I'm also looking for a perfect stick for my PC, can you help me with this? Tell me if you need some infos of my PC and I'll post it.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Here's my Computer Summary. If you need more info about my computer, just say it.

Field Value
Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
DirectX 4.08.01.0810 (DirectX 8.1)
Computer Name HOME-KO3YUOK5KA
User Name My Pc

Motherboard
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2400 MHz (18 x 133)
Motherboard Name Jetway P4MFU533 (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 SDR DIMM, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8751A Apollo P4M266A
System Memory 96 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (12/24/02)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display
Video Adapter S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR (32 MB)
3D Accelerator S3 ProSavageDDR
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 703(M)s/750(M)s/753(M)s/MagicSyncMaster CM173A(M) [17" CRT] (HMDW404704)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Storage
IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD400EB-00CPF0 (37 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8161B (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 38154 MB (32691 MB free)

Input
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network
Network Adapter WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface (203.177.112.47)
Modem Generic SoftK56

Peripherals
Printer EPSON Stylus C41 Series
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Device VideoCAM Express V2

dcc,

I'm sorry, I post the Computer Summary before reading http://www.computermemoryupgrade.net/

I don't know that 'most' of all my unanswered questions are there. lol.

But I've got one question... If I buy/upgrade RAM... what infos of my computer do I need to tell the seller?

Your motherboard is a Jetway P4MFU533
Your motherboard has two memory slots, and a capacity of 2GB.
The type of memory you have is PC2100 DDR SDRAM.

If you go to most any major memory manufacturer like Kingston or Cosair, and use this information,they will be able to provide you with a compatible module for you board.

Oh ok... just one question, is it more expensive to upgrade[in my case, 96MB], or just to buy a new one?

I don't know where you live, so I don't know about prices and availability in you location, but usually I would say it's cheaper to buy new memory, opposed to buying a new computer, I'm guessing that this was your last question. If you go to the link below you will find the page has Memory Search in the upper left corner, it that box you will find three choices just to the right of the "find" button, click on Memory Type. This page has the Memory Configurator, in the box below scroll down untill you see DDR PC2100 and click on it and then click on find. This page reads Search Results, in the box below click on 184-pin DIMM, and then find. Now you have a list of 266MHz DDR PC2100 CL2 DIMM modules, stay with the nonECC and you should be good to go. http://www.kingston.com/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.