Hey all thanks for taking the time to look at this. I'm just experiancing with overclocking cpu's but when do i stop? How hot is to hot? 115? 120? I havn't gone this high just so you know lol but whats the limit? I have a case with an extra intake fan and an extra exhuast fan. Just in case you needed to know what type of cooling i got.Also what are the consequences of overclocking? Please reply to this question i really appreaciate it.

Thanks Mike

You stop when signs of system instability first appear. You need to run serious tests to make sure the system is stable. Prime95 is a commonly used program - if a system can run that for hours on end without crashing, it's pretty stable. You need to monitor temps, but rather than some magical 'stop' figure what you need to be carefuul of is rapid or large rises in temperature. If you're going to continuously run a system overclocked you should seek to ensure it gets no hotter than normal ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.