I bought a laptop for my personal use an year back.. Although, it was from a leading computers' manufacturing firm, I've gone through series of hardware failures within the one year. That's not the end, I was covered with warranty so I managed to replace the items which were malfunctioning or completely gone dead. Now I am out of warranty and am not wiling to spend any money for repairing or replacing it unless I get a minimum of 3-5 years warranty cover for hardware components from the manufacturer or any third-party trustful source at convenient charge. What do you think should I look out for some source or simply dump the one which is causing trouble??

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by WilliamBerry

You did not tell us what's the problem that you have encountered. I wouldn't throw it just like that. You should describe the problems and maybe someone here could help you.

It seems you have gone through a rough patch of time.. You didn't mention the company, if u did it would have helped a lot of us..

Fun apart.. Most of the users don't go for a cover such a big time 3-5 yrs but since you have repeated hardware failures and must have spent big bucks for repairing it, I can comprehend the situation.

I covered (Warranty protection) most of my home electronic appliances thru "cpscentral" and they are good.. although my netbook is covered under the manufacturer (Dell). If u feel it is worth spending go for it as you gonna cover not just your computer but also other essential things as well..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.