I bought a laptop for my personal use an year back.. Although, it was from a leading computers' manufacturing firm, I've gone through series of hardware failures within the one year. That's not the end, I was covered with warranty so I managed to replace the items which were malfunctioning or completely gone dead. Now I am out of warranty and am not wiling to spend any money for repairing or replacing it unless I get a minimum of 3-5 years warranty cover for hardware components from the manufacturer or any third-party trustful source at convenient charge. What do you think should I look out for some source or simply dump the one which is causing trouble??

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Dump it & buy new one then read the manufacturers' user manual so you'll be guided thoroughly.

You did not tell us what's the problem that you have encountered. I wouldn't throw it just like that. You should describe the problems and maybe someone here could help you.

It seems you have gone through a rough patch of time.. You didn't mention the company, if u did it would have helped a lot of us..

Fun apart.. Most of the users don't go for a cover such a big time 3-5 yrs but since you have repeated hardware failures and must have spent big bucks for repairing it, I can comprehend the situation.

I covered (Warranty protection) most of my home electronic appliances thru "cpscentral" and they are good.. although my netbook is covered under the manufacturer (Dell). If u feel it is worth spending go for it as you gonna cover not just your computer but also other essential things as well..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.