Hey,

I just put together my first custom built PC. I ordered all the parts from newegg, just for reference. Everything was going fine, put it together with little to no problems. Turned it on,it posted, and I started to install windows 7 on it. About a quarter of the way into the setup (it had just started installing the OS files and such) there was a sharp high pitched humm from inside the case and I BSOD'd and it shut itself down. It now wont do anything. Every once in a while if I try turning it on the case lights and fans and all start for just a split second before shutting down.This seems to only happen when i unplug it and plug it back in.

Can anyone hopefully offer and insight to what might of happened, or to what possibly died?

Thanks!
-Anna

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by abdulrahim66612

Hey,

I just put together my first custom built PC. I ordered all the parts from newegg, just for reference. Everything was going fine, put it together with little to no problems. Turned it on,it posted, and I started to install windows 7 on it. About a quarter of the way into the setup (it had just started installing the OS files and such) there was a sharp high pitched humm from inside the case and I BSOD'd and it shut itself down. It now wont do anything. Every once in a while if I try turning it on the case lights and fans and all start for just a split second before shutting down.This seems to only happen when i unplug it and plug it back in.

Can anyone hopefully offer and insight to what might of happened, or to what possibly died?

Thanks!
-Anna

the contents of the bsod message might help, if you have a video card installed , and also have onboard video device ,remove card and try it using the onboard connection

i think the SMPS is not good

the IC CT132,EL817(preprogrammed) may have gone down which controls the powerflow from the transformers in the SMPS

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.