Hey,

I just put together my first custom built PC. I ordered all the parts from newegg, just for reference. Everything was going fine, put it together with little to no problems. Turned it on,it posted, and I started to install windows 7 on it. About a quarter of the way into the setup (it had just started installing the OS files and such) there was a sharp high pitched humm from inside the case and I BSOD'd and it shut itself down. It now wont do anything. Every once in a while if I try turning it on the case lights and fans and all start for just a split second before shutting down.This seems to only happen when i unplug it and plug it back in.

Can anyone hopefully offer and insight to what might of happened, or to what possibly died?

Thanks!
-Anna

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey,

I just put together my first custom built PC. I ordered all the parts from newegg, just for reference. Everything was going fine, put it together with little to no problems. Turned it on,it posted, and I started to install windows 7 on it. About a quarter of the way into the setup (it had just started installing the OS files and such) there was a sharp high pitched humm from inside the case and I BSOD'd and it shut itself down. It now wont do anything. Every once in a while if I try turning it on the case lights and fans and all start for just a split second before shutting down.This seems to only happen when i unplug it and plug it back in.

Can anyone hopefully offer and insight to what might of happened, or to what possibly died?

Thanks!
-Anna

the contents of the bsod message might help, if you have a video card installed , and also have onboard video device ,remove card and try it using the onboard connection

i think the SMPS is not good

the IC CT132,EL817(preprogrammed) may have gone down which controls the powerflow from the transformers in the SMPS

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.