i have just built a new custom computer but it wont work. every thing seems to be pulged in correctly and i usedthe motherbord user manual to make sure of it. nothing works no fas no heatsink no nothing except a little led light on the motherbord that lights up. its a abit Model #: AA8XE-3rd Eye and only a 8 in a yello led shows up when i turn on the psu. but if i hit the power button nothing will turn on. i made sure the cord was pluged into the motherbord show it can turn on. can anyone give me a list of reasons of what it could be?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by djrivera1

I put mine together mahself as well...when I went through the process ((as painstaking as it was)) I plugged everything in and hit the power switch and everything was fine....so, to make sure you didnt pass anything up, heres a few things to ask yoursef:

A: Did I ground myself? -When working with pc parts, its important to keep static electricity to a minimum- If you didnt ground yourself, but touched your parts anyway, you could have very easily fried your motherboard and not even notice...sometimes you wont even get a spark or anything...

B: If I know I grounded myself, did I make sure I opened the circut on my power supply? -Sorry if you take offense to this one, thinking I may be calling you stupid or anything...Im really not, in fact, I cant tell you how many times I almost went along crying, because I thought my pc just wouldnt work...found out I had the switch on my power supply set to closed circuit...- Check to make sure, just incase, noones perfect..specially in the PC world ((YOU HEAR ME BILL GATES....YOUR NOT GOD ><; )) -gets dragged off by men in white...-

i sent it back rma power suply was good and everything was pluged in i did shock it... i was just doa

Check power power supply by short-out pins 14 and 15 on the power supply main power connector, and plug-in the power cord just long enough to heard the fans, if you do heard the fans running, replaced the motherboard you motherboard at fault.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.