i look around but i only see answers for other systems...

i have an
Acer ASPIRE (1)ne AOA 155-177
Model#:ZG5
No external disc reader

PXE-EG1: Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

i have no external disk drive how can i fix this.

any and all help will be use-full

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

thanx but its all jumbled up there isn't any way to read it without losing track of the info you need any better advice?

So, basically it means the netboot isn't reading the disk where windows is install,anymore!
it is said that the problem maybe in the bios ,so if you can boot to the bios/setup on bootup and reset it to defaults setting ,like it says in the other link ,it could be set to boot from network card ,or it maybe that you have a bad harddrive in the netbook give it a try and post back

So, basically it means the netboot isn't reading the disk where windows is install,anymore!
it is said that the problem maybe in the bios ,so if you can boot to the bios/setup on bootup and reset it to defaults setting ,like it says in the other link ,it could be set to boot from network card ,or it maybe that you have a bad harddrive in the netbook give it a try and post back

elaborate please i don't know how to do that

can you give me instructions?

elaborate please i don't know how to do that

can you give me instructions?

elaborate what ,[so if you can boot to the bios/setup on bootup and reset it to defaults setting ]simply said in other post ,this is basic stuff ,read on the first screen when you turn on the computer as to what key to hit to boot to bios /setup,look for set to default and do so then exit and save changes

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.