I have an Acer Aspire 5633WLMi and since this morning it does not want to boot itself up, I have tried inserting the boot cd and it does not ask me to boot from disk. Instead it will ask if i want to start in safe mode, start windows normally etc. and then just go to a black screen.

Please Help!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Try going to safe mode selection and select Last known good configuration.

or boot up in safe mode and run system restore. it looks like a crooked driver is messing everything up

I cant get to safe mode because it freezes up when selcted.

To boot to a disc you will need to change the boot order in BIOS to CD the HDD.

To get into BIOS on yours hit F2 as it boots.

but i wasnt given a boot cd with my laptop

I have an Acer Aspire 5633WLMi and since this morning it does not want to boot itself up, I have tried inserting the boot cd and it does not ask me to boot from disk. Instead it will ask if i want to start in safe mode, start windows normally etc. and then just go to a black screen.

Please Help!

What then is the disc in the original post you were refering to.

it was a back up of the system i was advised to make, however it seems that when it was being written various files were not written.

Please Help!

Hi, I don't think I cannot help you, but just to say that my Acer Aspire 5633WLMi developped exactly the same fault as yours this morning! Like you, I have a black screen at boot up (after seeing the "Acer" screen). Also tried to boot from the rescue disk with the same freeze as you. In my case, since I got it from less than a month, I think I'll ask for a replacement or my money back!

my hp laptop not booting, before this problem occured it showed message that recently installed sofware or hardware might be causing the problem. then it stopped booting. I started booting with xp cd to install xp and this time it showed ftdisk.exe corrupted during the process of installation. pl give ma a solution for this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.