I have an Acer Aspire 5633WLMi and since this morning it does not want to boot itself up, I have tried inserting the boot cd and it does not ask me to boot from disk. Instead it will ask if i want to start in safe mode, start windows normally etc. and then just go to a black screen.

Please Help!

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by raghu_004

To boot to a disc you will need to change the boot order in BIOS to CD the HDD.

To get into BIOS on yours hit F2 as it boots.

I have an Acer Aspire 5633WLMi and since this morning it does not want to boot itself up, I have tried inserting the boot cd and it does not ask me to boot from disk. Instead it will ask if i want to start in safe mode, start windows normally etc. and then just go to a black screen.

Please Help!

What then is the disc in the original post you were refering to.

it was a back up of the system i was advised to make, however it seems that when it was being written various files were not written.

Please Help!

Hi, I don't think I cannot help you, but just to say that my Acer Aspire 5633WLMi developped exactly the same fault as yours this morning! Like you, I have a black screen at boot up (after seeing the "Acer" screen). Also tried to boot from the rescue disk with the same freeze as you. In my case, since I got it from less than a month, I think I'll ask for a replacement or my money back!

my hp laptop not booting, before this problem occured it showed message that recently installed sofware or hardware might be causing the problem. then it stopped booting. I started booting with xp cd to install xp and this time it showed ftdisk.exe corrupted during the process of installation. pl give ma a solution for this

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.