Hello to all

I have an Acer laptop and for about 4 years i never had a problem until yesterday.
When i'm trying to open my laptop is shows nothing. Just black screen.
The power works fine. The power button lights up and when i press the eject button on the dvd it opens the door just fine. So i assume there is no power matter.
Logically it shoud display the intro screen info for the prossessor / memory etc and hear the beep sound but nothing...
It just sit there and doing nothing.
I had issues before but on a software level. I don't think that's the case. At least the bios had to be working.
I tryied to reinstall the RAM modules in case it was moved or something. I tried to boot it up without the RAM modules but didn't notice any change. Disconnected the hard drive and tried to boot without the hard drive, nothing. Connected it again. The same.
I also disconnect the battery or the power cable. Still does the same.
The thing is that it never gets to load the intro screen so i cant do much.
I dont remember smelling something burned or see any smoke.

Does anyone have an idea or something else i should try before taking it to the Acer support?

Thanks in advance
Dimitris

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You've done most of the normal steps. Clean out dust from the fan and ensure that the fan is working. If you have an external monitor, you should try connecting it just to be sure that it isn't your LCD panel. Dust in general can cause problems. If you can get at your motherboard with some compressed air, that wouldn't hurt either.

You've done most of the normal steps. Clean out dust from the fan and ensure that the fan is working. If you have an external monitor, you should try connecting it just to be sure that it isn't your LCD panel. Dust in general can cause problems. If you can get at your motherboard with some compressed air, that wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks i'll try it but i don't think that the LCD has a problem because i would still hear the beep sound and the sound of the hard drive working. The leds should be flashing at least.
Oh and the fan is dead too.

Are you seeing any disk activity.
A common problem with laptops like this is when the lcd backlight fails.
all you will see is a black screen.
try connecting a a different monitor and pushing the alternative display button. if it works thats yr problem, replace the backlight.
also you wont get any warning lights if this is the case.
if it isn't this I'd look to the motherboard

Hi friend,
ok take out your Rams and HDD from the back of your computer,then give all a good clean and also clean all connectors with the HDD just give alttle tap on the side and clean,put all back and start your laptop hope this will help the problem.
good luck :)

Thank you all for your help.
I took it to the Acer support and told me that it was the motherboad.
So it seems that i have to buy a new laptop.

Thanks again guys

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.