Ok yall, here we go. I have a Sony VAIO model PCV-RZ20 desktop. I have had the computer for only about 2 years now but I have downloaded and done so much crap to it I decided it was about time to do a full system recovery back to the original specs from the store. I apparently lost the recovery CD's so I a friend of mine had XP Professional. I went ahead and installed that figuring that it would clear out everything and start it new. Instead, I now had two operating systems: home and professional. This obvioussly did not solve my problem so I went ahead and ordered the recovery cd's for my model from sony. When doing the system recovery an error pops up saying "Disk access:Sense operation failed". Then is says "The recovery process is incomplete. Your system may not operate properly." Then when the computer starts up it says "Error loading operating system" So what do I do? The Desktop is completely worthless to me now, please help me fix what I have done!!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Ok yall, here we go. I have a Sony VAIO model PCV-RZ20 desktop. I have had the computer for only about 2 years now but I have downloaded and done so much crap to it I decided it was about time to do a full system recovery back to the original specs from the store. I apparently lost the recovery CD's so I a friend of mine had XP Professional. I went ahead and installed that figuring that it would clear out everything and start it new. Instead, I now had two operating systems: home and professional. This obvioussly did not solve my problem so I went ahead and ordered the recovery cd's for my model from sony. When doing the system recovery an error pops up saying "Disk access:Sense operation failed". Then is says "The recovery process is incomplete. Your system may not operate properly." Then when the computer starts up it says "Error loading operating system" So what do I do? The Desktop is completely worthless to me now, please help me fix what I have done!!

You need to erase all partitions & start from scratch. if you're not familiar, get somebody to make you a win 98 bootup disk, look on the web for a program called the ranish partition manager & add those files to the win 98 bootup floppy. reboot with disk in & type the word part at the command prompt. highlight each partition hit delete. Finally hit F2 to save. then reinstall windows. you could instead use a win 98 cd & choose startup computer with cdrom support. type fdisk. for more info on fdisk, scour the web

Quoted by JayMike

i seriously need the recovery disc, can you tell me how to order that from sony?, because instaling the OS from normal windows xp, are much2 harder, all the drivers is not installed, so yeah ^^

you can get the drivers from sony's website, and they will be all up to date. Plus, sony charges a lot of money for a cd that should have come with your computer to begin with...i mean you did actually pay for it so shouldnt you get it? ....grrr i will never buy sony again...

you can get the drivers from sony's website, and they will be all up to date. Plus, sony charges a lot of money for a cd that should have come with your computer to begin with...i mean you did actually pay for it so shouldnt you get it? ....grrr i will never buy sony again...

can you paste me the link to buy the cd?
i really2 need the cd :S, will they post the cd?
cause i live in australia

well you will need to go to sonys website in the support section, and you will have to find your specific model computer (every model will have a differenct cd) and there will be an option to purchase it. If it does not or you cant find it, just use the contact sony by email and send them your model and what you would like. I'm sure they would mail it to australia also. Remember though, this cd costs a little.

I did this to my thinkpad. There is a hidden recovery partition. When you insatlled your friends XP you probably wiped it or the master boot record (usually theres a thing it it where you can push f11 to recover or something).

All the recovery CD for my thinkopad did was restore this prompt (not the hidden partition)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.