Hey I have a Radeon 9600XT 256 mb, 1 gig of ram, A8V deluxe motherboard, and a AMD Athalon 3500 2.2Ghz running XP. Recently I've had this "No Signal" error out of no where and its really a pain, randomly my system will freeze my screen will go black and say no signal but the computer still seems to be running fine the only way I can get it to work again is to reboot I checked that I don’t have any loose connections but I don’t have any. And when I reboot Microsoft doesn’t tell me I had an error. This is really getting to me epically since my last custom comp died after about 2 years with the blue screen of death and I’m determined to fix this so any info would be great.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

welcome to daniweb mastax

3 things... u either have a faulty graphics card or there is a fault in the motherboard or thirdly there is a fault in the vga cable. have you tried swapping parts out of another pc to see if you can rule out the fault.

Not a fault in the motherboard , send video to ATI THEY WILL TEST IT AND IF FOUND FAULT WILL SENT YOU A NEW ONE, BEAWARE YOU WON'T GET ONE IN THE BOX THEY WILL SENT YOU ON IN A BROWN ANTI-STATIC BAG . IT TAKE THEM ABOUT A WEEK THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD ABOUT THEY WARRANTYS.

well my sound goes 2 when this happens and this VID card was modded by Saphire so will they take it? And i had it for about a year will they take it, and is it free?

sound will goes too, but card being a year old they probably won't take it, unless it a lifetime warranty which some cards are. but checked ram too, is you have the same type of ram lying around.

If sound and video are going out at the same time I would suspect either a hardware conflict or a motherboard or power supply problem. You probably need at least a 400W power supply for your setup, possibly more if your are running multiple optical drives or RAID. If the Video were the only problem I would look at the video cable first. Does your monitor have built-in speakers or are the speakers separate with their own power supply? Also are you using on-board soundor an add-in sound card? Another thing to try is to turn off any power management settings in the BIOS, change system settings to ALWAYS ON.

hardware conflict will more likely give you error code and system shutdown, if power is going bad system will reboot and turnoff. ram and video problems will cause sound to go but system stay on and you get no video output, ati 9600 have a known problem with the chipset on the card malfunction and halt for no known reason after about 6 month to a year. had two customer with the same card same problem replaced card system good as new. (BUT I WOULD PUT THE CARD IN ANOTHER KNOWN WORKING COMPUTER AND SEE IF IT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BEFORE SENDING OUT CARD.). YES LOOK UP CARD DOES HAVE A KNOWN PROBLEM WITH VPU CRASHING AND TV OUTPUT STOP WORKING.(refurb Warranty - 90 days new warranty - 1 year)

If sound and video are going out at the same time I would suspect either a hardware conflict or a motherboard or power supply problem. You probably need at least a 400W power supply for your setup, possibly more if your are running multiple optical drives or RAID. If the Video were the only problem I would look at the video cable first. Does your monitor have built-in speakers or are the speakers separate with their own power supply? Also are you using on-board soundor an add-in sound card? Another thing to try is to turn off any power management settings in the BIOS, change system settings to ALWAYS ON.

thank you for partially agreeing with me;)

Howdy. I was just looking over this and the problem sounded quite familiar. I'm going to check my power supply and make sure it is pretty high, so hopefully that's the problem. My computer does tend to shut down randomly and give the no signal message (even though it sounds like it's still running), and if I'm listening to music, that quits out as well and is coming from speakers not on the monitor.

Also, it's a sure fire hit that when I try to install both XP SP2 and World of Warcraft that this will happen. At the same moment each time. About 5 minutes into SP2 install and half way through the fourth disc of WoW. Any ideas?

Howdy. I was just looking over this and the problem sounded quite familiar. I'm going to check my power supply and make sure it is pretty high, so hopefully that's the problem. My computer does tend to shut down randomly and give the no signal message (even though it sounds like it's still running), and if I'm listening to music, that quits out as well and is coming from speakers not on the monitor.

Also, it's a sure fire hit that when I try to install both XP SP2 and World of Warcraft that this will happen. At the same moment each time. About 5 minutes into SP2 install and half way through the fourth disc of WoW. Any ideas?

Sound like the motherboard if going bad check voltages on powersupply first. Could also be the ram to find out if it the ram try a known working computer and run memtest86 on each of the dimms alone on slot 1 for two hours each if 0 errors motherboard is more likely damaged. (Won't ruled out the video card ether try another computer or freinds computer play games for a few hour if it doesn't crash video card is still good.)

When my computer goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it I get a "no signal" message and have to mess around and usually reboot to get things working. As long as I keep the computer on and never let it sleep, things are fine. Anybody have any idea what is going on with this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.