Hi, I'm building a gaming computer and wanted to know if my CPU and GPU are good enough for new games like bioshock and fallout 3. I was talking with a friend and he said that if I got what was new a little while ago, it'll still give me good performance at a better price instead of buying the newest thing like an Intel Core i7.

This is the CPU i'm going to get: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115056&Tpk=Intel%20BX80571E7500

This is the GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161252&Tpk=HIS%20Hightech%20H467QT512P

Could I get a very good frame rate with these, or should I upgrade?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

lol.... thanks for sharing anyways...

lol.... thanks for sharing anyways...

LOL ! your welcome!
not everyone has an opinion i guess!
I personally am not a gamer so i would have no idea!
maybe better ? asked on a gamer help forum!

Your preferred processor and video card are already considered high end peripherals. In addition, make your RAM memory on its 2GB. For sure, it could drive your game requirements very smoothly.

yeah that graphics card is very good, i have the same but another brands and the 256mb version, runs games very well. Just make sure you get a decent power supply on it and invest in a good case and cooling, as the card gets very hot (like 70-80 c)

The CPU seems good. Core2 is a good choice atm, because they get better performance generally than an X2, and the new core i7s are too expensive right now.

if your into overclocking, theres quite a lot of potential with the Core2s. One thing to note, for gaming buy a decent third party heatsink and fan and use good paste like AS5. The stock heatsink isnt that good.

4670 VGA card is good enough when you run it at 1024*768. But if you plan to run your game at higher resolution, find better VGA card like HD4830 or 9600GT

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.