I have installed windows vista basic from a dell cd on my dv2530ea hp laptop by mistake ,the problem is that now the laptop does not work i.e it shuts down after every few minutes i have cleared the heat sink so heat does'nt seem to be the problem but i am unable to get a recovery disk for this particular laptop as i purchased it in U.K and now i am in canada i have already contacted hp support and they cannot send me the disc,my laptop is deffinitely having problems and i need a solution what is the best way to fix these problems the version on my original machine was home premium.

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Harvey Miller & welcome to the Forum

When updating Adobe products the update doesn't remove
the 'old' version. Also in order to remove the old program you
must use Adobes uninstaller-in addition you must
close ALL instances of programs that may use FP as
they will be locked because they're in use. This includes
ALL browsers, IMs, the PSI & anything else that uses FP.

Also there are 2 downloads available
1 for ActiveX (IE) & 1 for NPAPI (all other browsers) if used.

I think basically your best bet would be to download the uninstaller
uninstall all of FP & then install the latest version. After running
the uninstaller be sure to restart your comp & rescan the programs
to be sure ALL instances have been removed.

Thanks for replying but i am talking about installing the wrong operating system it is not about removl of adobe products.

I have installed windows vista basic from a dell cd on my dv2530ea hp laptop by mistake ,the problem is that now the laptop does not work i.e it shuts down after every few minutes i have cleared the heat sink so heat does'nt seem to be the problem but i am unable to get a recovery disk for this particular laptop as i purchased it in U.K and now i am in canada i have already contacted hp support and they cannot send me the disc,my laptop is deffinitely having problems and i need a solution what is the best way to fix these problems the version on my original machine was home premium.

Do you have the install disks from either version? If so, will the machine boot from the install disk? The install disk(s) should enable you to do the same things as a recovery disk. If the install disk will not boot the machine it may be necessary to enter the Bios and set it to boot first from the removable disk if present. This is usually accomplished by repeatedly depressing the delete key during initial bootup. Once into setup find the entry for boot sequence, and select your CD-DVD drive as the first choice, save the change and try rebooting with the install disk in place.

Dell and HP are very different. Try using the install disk from the original version of Vista if you have it. If not let me know and I will scrounge one somewhere.

I agree that they are different and hence the problem i dont have the installation disc and that is why i am in this problem ,if you could find this disc for this particular hp dv2530ea model i would be greatfull as hp support told me that since the drivers for the chipset and other things are bundled with this particular vista home premium cd ,other things just wont work.

Do you have a 32 or 64 bit system?

Also, do you have a legit key for installing Vista Home Premium that you know of?

If you do then I might be able to provide an install disk, but it will not work unless you have a legit key.

If your machine boots and runs long enough you might be able to run System restore and restore your system to a date and time prior to the "accident".

yes i do have the legit key for it just dont have the disk

Great! I have the disk and can send you a copy.Upon receipt insert disk into appropriate drive and install using your legit key. Send me an e-mail or something so I know where to send the disk. It is completely without malware of any kind, but does not include Windows defender.

are you based in the uk as well because that disc is only in uk,anyways thankyou so much.should i send u the address at the email.

It is not the recovery disk so it does not matter where it comes from. Rather it is the full installation disk for vista home premium requiring a legit key to install. You may need to do a clean install--that is format your drive then install from the disk. Try it without formatting first. Yes send to the email

Thanks i am sending at your email.

I have a Compaq with Vista Basic and it has a recovery partition, I can't imagine that yours doesn't. My laptop didn't even come with a Installation/Recovery CD, everything is on the partition. Once you get it up and running, be sure to make yourself a set of recovery disks.

I have a Compaq with Vista Basic and it has a recovery partition, I can't imagine that yours doesn't. My laptop didn't even come with a Installation/Recovery CD, everything is on the partition. Once you get it up and running, be sure to make yourself a set of recovery disks.

u are right it is there in the recovery partitiob but what if u have repartitioned the drive and formatted it can u still recover it the answer is no therefore the problem

Calvary on the way!

i hope the cavalry wins the battle i am writing it form my dead laptop as i have fixed it but still keeps crashing i am just waiting for ur cd so that it would remain stable thanks again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.