hello can you help me please my DVD drive is not shown in my computer only the Drive c and dvrive D are shown but the DVD drive is not...and i want to watch DVD movie through my computer but how can i watch there is no dvddrive shown...can you please help me...thank you in advance hoping for your positive responds...

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Did you check to see if everything is plugged in correctly? Does the drive show in your BIOS? What power supply do you have?Is it a new drive or an old one?

If all connections are tight and proper go to control panel, select device manager and choose "scan for hardware changes".If unsuccessful choose install new hardware and select from list. If your DVD is listed chances are your system has the drivers already installed. Carry on. If that does not do it and if the DVD is internal and came with the machine, it is dead. Try going to the web site for the DVD and seeing if there is a new driver available. If an external drive make sure you installed the drivers and other software properly with the disc that came with it.

If all connections are tight and proper go to control panel, select device manager and choose "scan for hardware changes".If unsuccessful choose install new hardware and select from list. If your DVD is listed chances are your system has the drivers already installed. Carry on. If that does not do it and if the DVD is internal and came with the machine, it is dead. Try going to the web site for the DVD and seeing if there is a new driver available. If an external drive make sure you installed the drivers and other software properly with the disc that came with it.

hello sir,

sir thank you for the reply i will try this sir..i will write again if i have problem
more power to you sir...

Did you check to see if everything is plugged in correctly? Does the drive show in your BIOS? What power supply do you have?Is it a new drive or an old one?

hello sir thank you for the reply, how can i see sir in the bios if my drive is shown?

When you turn on your computer, on the 1st screen you see, there should be a message to press a F key or DEL(depends on thh motherboard). When you press this you should be taken to your BIOS. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING THERE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT IT WILL DO! When you get there, see if you cant find a listing for devices or something of the sort. There you should see any DVD and hard drives connected to your system.

When you turn on your computer, on the 1st screen you see, there should be a message to press a F key or DEL(depends on thh motherboard). When you press this you should be taken to your BIOS. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING THERE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT IT WILL DO! When you get there, see if you cant find a listing for devices or something of the sort. There you should see any DVD and hard drives connected to your system.

hello sir thank you for the reply

sir, in what particular section of the bios sir..is it in Advance,Boot Devices,Tools,etc..please help me sir hoping for your positive responds...

OK. If you take a closer look at that picture, you will see n HDD 2 DVD and another hard drive listed. The ST3160023A ST2300822A should be hard drives, then a DVD rom, a DVD writer and the last entry also looks like a hard drive. If I understand correctly you should have 2 hard drives and a DVD drive. They should show there unless they are SATA drives. Do you see 3 drives when you look at this page or does only the hard drives show?

OK. If you take a closer look at that picture, you will see n HDD 2 DVD and another hard drive listed. The ST3160023A ST2300822A should be hard drives, then a DVD rom, a DVD writer and the last entry also looks like a hard drive. If I understand correctly you should have 2 hard drives and a DVD drive. They should show there unless they are SATA drives. Do you see 3 drives when you look at this page or does only the hard drives show?

hello sir thank you for the reply, okay sir i will get back to you as soon as possible
i will try to look if i can see hard drives...thank you in advance sir....more power to you

Have you recently installed any software....burning software?
Is it windows XP, VIsta, 7?

hello sir, thank you for helping me sir...i only reformat my computer and it's
now okay ...thank you sir more power you you...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.