I am creating a small data/app server for a small family business. We have less than 10 employees but a lot of data flying around, not literally though ;) .

So I was going to build one to run on Ubuntu and I was looking around NewEgg for the parts.
I am going with a server Mobo and CPU. The mobo is a 12"x10" dimension. Can I use any old ATX comp case or does it have to have to be more specific? Any tips on finding a case for one or is it the same procedure as finding one for an average home desktop computer?

Hi, first you should find out what proper cooling does the CPU and motherboard needs (if there are any special requirements), size of new PSU. Then if its all similar to standard desktop pc that your case is capable of and as long the screw holes match (sometimes adjustment is possible) there wont be need for different case.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.