Okay, so i have a problem I've never run into before. My gaming keyboard(and any other usb keyboard) doesn't work in the boot loader. It works in the bios, and it works fine after the OS takes over, but i can't choose which OS to go into unless I unplug it and plug in a PS2 keyboard. Its becoming more annoying now that I'm using multiple OS's (Linux and windows). This occurs with both the windows boot loader and the Linux boot loader. My first guess is its something with the motherboard, but I don't even know where to start to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. the motherboard I'm using is a Abit Ip35 pro, and I'm using usb 2.0 ports.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have a look for usb keyboard or usb legacy support in your bios and enable it. That should fix your problem!

Have a look for usb keyboard or usb legacy support in your bios and enable it. That should fix your problem!

I took a look around, for some reason there were settings for the usb under a Sata controller, thanks for the tip, it'll be nice to actually choose the OS I'm going into :).

Glad I could help! If all is good, could you please mark this thread as solved!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.