Back in May, my hard drive (Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive)crashed so I turned it in under its warranty. When I got the new one, I plugged it in only to find I had no video. I bought a new video card (GIGABYTE GV-N250-1GI GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card)and when I plugged it in, it seemed to work fine. Two days later, I tried turning on the computer, got a quick flash of power to the fans but that was it so I bought a new PSU (APEVIA ATX-CW500WP4 500W ATX Power Supply
), thinking that was the problem.

I got the new PSU, plugged it in and still no power...until I unplugged the video card, then it started right up. I tried plugging in the video card and unplugging all other accessories but that didn't make a difference. Is it likely a MoBo (GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX Ultra Durable II AMD Motherboard)issue? It's quite perplexing that all these things are going wrong at the same time.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I am definitely not 100% on this, but i think that device drivers are stored on the hard drive. you may just need drivers on your new HDD. If u get your system up and working well enough to, go into your device manager and check out all your peripherals and components. try downloading drivers if some say "not working properly".. but again, I'm not positive, if I'm wrong about drivers being on the hard drive, plz someone call me on it.

BLuv, the new HD & Video card worked fine for a couple days then suddenly crapped out so it shouldn't be a driver issue, correct? It's got me thinking the MoBo is shorting things out for some reason. Perhaps it's a RAM problem?

if you suspect its the power in the motherboard, look over it for discolored(brownish) or warped capacitors, or any other signs of electrical failure. I doubt it's your ram, as your problems do not seem to point to memory. It sucks to have to buy new components just to find out you didn't need to =P i've done that countless times.

for sure i would say motherboard. have you tested the hdd's, graphics card etc in another pc/mobo ?

..hi there!.is the driver of the Video Card compatible to your OS?..try to install again your video card and install the correct video card driver according to your OS compatibility..if the issue still continues, try to replace or swap a new memory to your old one..i hope it helps!..^_^..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.