I also going to purchase an asus motherboard I have been searching the web and reading forums and have decided on a
Asus P6 Motherboard . If you go to asus read the forum. There are pages of this same problem, where it does not recognise the memory or all the memory other manufacturers are experiencing similar problems. A few people have got out of the problem trying different ways of inserting the memory.

Chris Dight

i'm not sure what your question is here but generally most motherboards have a qualified memory list. not all brands, types, speeds and latencies can be expected to work with the P6. For example: here is the P6T product page where you can click on the "Memory Support List" tab and down the lists for that board. Stick to a set of the listed memory modules and you'll be fine. Also be sure not to mix different brands, speeds, sizes, etc. You should use all the same modules.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.