Hey all don't know if I'm posting in the right area or not. Feel free to move it if I am. Anyways I'm looking to upgrade my ram to a Corsair Model # VS1GBKIT400 and was wondering if it is compatible with my Via P4XB-S Motherboard. I'm having trouble finding this information any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if it isn't what else would you suggest for my motherboard in the price range of $80 - $90. Thanks in Advance!

- Dave

Hey all don't know if I'm posting in the right area or not. Feel free to move it if I am. Anyways I'm looking to upgrade my ram to a Corsair Model # VS1GBKIT400 and was wondering if it is compatible with my VIA P4XB-S Motherboard. I'm having trouble finding this information any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if it isn't what else would you suggest for my motherboard in the price range of $80 - $90. Thanks in Advance!

- Dave

Okay i kinda see why you cant find any info on that motherboard
VIA P4XB-S Motherboard i bearly found this out about it.

But this is the info.

VIA P4XB-S VIA Apollo P4X266 Socket 478 ATX Motherboard
• VIA Apollo P4X266 chipset
• VT8233 South Bridge
• 400 MHz Front Side Bus (FSB)
• Supports up to 3 GB DDR RAM (PC1600/2100)
• Two (2) UDMA 33/66/100 IDE controllers
• One (1) floppy controller
• Integrated AC'97 audio
• One (1) 4x AGP slot
• Five (5) PCI slots

According to the website
PC3200
Part Number Speed Size Organization Package
VS1GBKIT400 PC3200 1024MB 2x64Mx64 2x184 DIMM

And seeing what i seen on that motherboard nope.
• Supports up to 3 GB DDR RAM (PC1600/2100)
Not PC3200
So you have 2 things to do a new motherboard or try geting a different RAM Stick for (PC1600/2100)

[IMG]http://www.geeks.com/imageshare/P/300x300/P4XB-S-R-PB-unit.jpg[/IMG]

Now you said if that cant go on there you will buy i new motherboard but with only the price range of $80 - $90.

Not a problem i think.

http://tinyurl.com/9872g
(this website is NewEgg.com) just click the link and you will see motherboard's for Socket 478 within the price range $80 - $90.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.