Is there a way to turn off the hp2730 keyboard?

I work for an IT Help Desk and have been rolling over customers to the new hp2730. I've gotten quite a few calls from people saying they can't ctrl+alt+del to log into the laptop and the only thing I can think of is the keyboard has been shut off. I just don't know how it was shut off.

A reboot fixes the problem, but rebooting these machines takes about 5-10 minutes due to the software on them. I'm trying to find a quicker alternative to rebooting the machines since the job these customers are in is time sensitive.

I've looked, but there doesn't seem to be a function key that shuts the keyboard off. If I convert the laptop to a notebook and bring up the on screen keyboard, it still doesn't deactivate the keyboard.

I think I resolved my own issue, but I'll leave the thread open until I'm able to actually test it with a customer.

Solution:

Lock computer
Go to the lower left corner, and click the icon that looks like a circle with 1/4 chuck taken out of it.
If there is a check mark in "If I press keys repeatedly, ignore extra presses (Filter Keys)" remove it. <-- if there's a check in this box, it locks out the keyboard on the login screen.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.