Over the last couple of months I've had to replace my FDD, CD-ROM, and HDD. I had hoped that the new HDD would solve some problems I've had, but they're back, so I guess it's time to get rid of this old slot A mobo. What I'm thinking about using is this:

BIOSTAR NF325-A7 Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250 ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Sempron 64 2500+ Palermo 800MHz FSB 256KB L2 Cache Socket 754

pqi POWER Series 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory

I'm on a tight budget at the moment, so at $156.00 this is appealing.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

I do have one question, the power supply is a 300W Antec, is this enough for this system?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I'd recommend a 400W PSU from Antec. The AMD 64 bit CPUs are power hogs(all 64 bit CPUs are).

As for the mobo, I'd recommend one with an nForce4 chipset. How about the MSI 7135? I'm using this mobo and it's great....

Hi goldeagle...I looked for the MSI 7135 at newegg and tiger direct without luck, do you have a link for this board?

The boards marketing name is MSI K8N NEO3-F. You can find it here on NewEgg.

Thanks goldeagle and chrisbliss18...one of the advantages of the Biostar is that I can still use the AGP card from my old unit, I would be more interested in a board with on board audio and video if I'm going to spend more money. I'm already looking at another $42. for a video card with this board. I have a total of $200. to spend on this and it looks like my Antec 300W PSU may not be enough for this system.

The Asus K8N-E has AGP, nForce4 chipset, and Realtek ALC850 audio chipset. It seems to fit the bill, but it is a bit more expensive than the Biostar NF325-A7.

if it's just 20-50 bucks difference, just get it for a better board and name.

Thanks chrisbliss18...I like Asus better anyway, I guess I'll have to go without my meds for a while :eek:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.