GRAND COMBINATION - POSSIBLE OR NOT...?????

LAPTOP - USING ONLY MONITOR + KEYBOARD + MOUSE (SEPARATELY USB ATTACHED)

PLUS

DESKTOP COMPUTER CASE/CABINET ONLY - CONSISTING OF MOTHERBOARD, HARD DISK, RAM

Respected Tech gurus nerds and dear friends

Well I am having a desktop presently with 2 GB of RAM. (I am very soon upgrading to 4 GB of RAM) Also I have 400 GB hard disk with certain heavy applications like SAP, Oracle, CRM, XI, Netweaver etc on it. Also I use 915 Intel cheapset.

Now I am habituated to this high end machine.

However the laptop has just 40 Gb of hard disk and 256 MB of Ram.

WHAT I AM PLANNING:

I want to just carry in my suitcase the cabinet (consisting of 915 Intel Motherboard + 4 GB RAM + 400 GB HDD).

AND i want to use my laptop's monitor, keyboard and mouse (usb attached)....along with the above cabinet

MY QUESTION:

CAN I REPLACE DESKTOP'S MONITOR/KEYBOARD WITH LAPTOP....?????????

Hope i have been able to express my requirements...??

Plz reply with suggestions/ ideas/ways................

regards

sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

highly unlikely if not impossible if i understand you right. id just get an external hd for the laptop and more memory for the laptop and leave the desktop at 2 gb...just my opinion tho...if the laptop cant take more ram maybe it would be in your best interest to buy a new laptop. I saw on engadget new laptops that are desktop killers and even have dual harddrives in them. Yes they way a ton (>10 lbs) but it may work for you.

thanks for ur advice..

Why don't you just buy LCD monitor ?

To answer your question, no, you can't do what you suggested.

yes i am going tp purchase one when i get this months salary...

thanks

:) :) :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.