I was about to order a PSU from A-Power (http://a-power.com/product-6131-342-1)

I need a new PSU to power my GTS 450 card. I am not a gamer, I just want to watch HD movies. The sales rep told me that this card will not work because it is not efficient enough.

He tried to upsell me on another PSU. Can anyone verify this or offer any advice?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

it's 500 w... more than enough for you.

might be better for a gamer... but this guy isn't doing anything special. more expensive doesn't always mean better. i got a 400W power supply for free ($25 with a $25 mail in rebate) and it's worked great for me for 2 years now.

just for the sake of discussion, what makes the one you recommended "better built"? other than the fact that it's a big brand name, of course. and that it's black.

just an opinion

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses...I went ahead and bought a 600W power supply. Probably overkill but it was on sale for $39 so I figured why not?!

Thanks again

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses...I went ahead and bought a 600W power supply. Probably overkill but it was on sale for $39 so I figured why not?!

Thanks again

too much is not a problem ,too little is ,so when the price is right ,go for it .good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.